Monday, June 12, 2006

 

Uninstall Win Media Player 11 beta and IE 7 beta

Sometimes I just get caught up in the latest, "greatest." Well, I was disappointed with WMP 11. The sleek black is cool, but it functioned differently/incorrectly in my opinion in comparison to the previous. IE 7 was all right, but IE 6 is still the most used browser and I don't know how to test for both on the same machine in my web dev, so I opted with rolling back. It feels much better. ahh....

Warning: You should probably make a backup copy of the registry before attempting to uninstall media player 11 beta. Although I didn't. Tee hee. :) And it's probably only a good idea to use this method if it's not listed under the Add/Remove Programs, which mine wasn't. Make a copy by selecting: Registry / Export Registry, save it on your Desktop. I used the same procedure on IE 7 beta (in order to get back to IE 6 -- a somewhat allowable evil in a world that still produces websites that only work in IE. Pathetic!) Obviously, just changed which dir and uninstall string you use.

Comments:
Thanks for the heads up and the tips. :)
 
'Just trying to ease the burden on your troubled mind -- at 5:30 in the morning?!? That design description really has you going!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?